What is a limerence affair? Limerence is a state of mind. It's where someone is completely…
How to break up with someone on text? We have all been there before.
To be honest, I’ve never been a fan of breaking up with someone on text. It’s a little callous to me. But today, it’s the go-to move for many people.
And for the record, never break up with anyone in a public place either. It never ends well.
You’ve been with someone for a while and now it’s time to break up with them. You don’t want to do it over the phone or in person, but you don’t want to just ghost them either. That leaves one option – breaking up over text message.
Breaking up over text message can be tricky because there is no way of telling how the other person will react.
But there are ways to do it that don’t make you feel like a total jerk, and they’ll also make sure that your soon-to-be ex doesn’t feel like a total jerk, either.
So, How To Break Up With Someone On Text
The most important thing to remember when using text to break up is to be honest and sincere.
We’ve established ending a relationship this way is hard. Actually breaking up in any fashion is hard.
It’s hard to express your emotions in a text message and it’s even harder to get the other person to understand how you feel.
You could use the video on your phone to do it but that’s an article for another day.
So here are some tips on how to break up with someone via text:
– Be honest and straightforward. It’s the only way to act in this situation.
– Don’t send another message after breaking up with them.
– Don’t be too emotional or dramatic, they’ll know you’re lying.
– If you have to ask yourself if you should end things, then it probably isn’t a good idea.
– Keep it short and sweet. Three sentences tops.
If you follow these steps, you shouldn’t have any problems. Just remember to be honest and sincere and you should be fine.
Now let’s talk about what NOT to do when breaking up with someone on text.
What Not To Do When Breaking Up On Text
Knowing how to break up with someone on text is one thing, knowing what to say is another.
And yes, knowing not what to say in a text is equally important. Why?
Because the idea of a breakup is making a clean break. You want it done there and then, no matter how hard it hurts. So here’s a list of the things you shouldn’t do and say when breaking up over text.
1) Saying “I love you” first. This is a huge mistake. They need to hear it from you.
2) Being overly polite. Always say “goodbye” instead of saying goodbye.
3) Not being direct. Make sure you tell them exactly why you broke up with them.
4) Talking about your feelings and asking for their thoughts.
5) Sending more than three texts.
6) Using words like “love,” “hate,” “miss you.” These aren’t appropriate except when used in cutting ties. For example, “I don’t love you anymore”.
7) Ending with something like “see ya later” or “talk tomorrow.” These are also not appropriate.
8) Trying to explain everything in a single text.
9) Telling them what your plans are for the future.
10) Making excuses as to why you broke up with her/him.
11) Being vague.
12) Letting them know about your new relationship.
What To Say To Someone When Breaking Up On Text?
So what do you say? You are breaking up over text. You are already feeling uncomfortable and nervous.
I don’t know your situation. I’m not sure if you are in a one-sided relationship where your partner is narcissistic and not treating you well.
Or whether the relationship is okay but you are just not in love with the person you are with.
The following suggestions might help. Some are direct while others aren’t. And cross reference them with the tips above to clean them up.
– “I’m thinking we should take a break”
– “I don’t think this is working out anymore”
– “I don’t want to see you again”
– “It’s not you, it’s me. I’m just not feeling the same way about you anymore”
– “I think it’s best if we break up”
– “I don’t think this is working out”
– “I’m not happy anymore”
– “You’re a great person, but I just don’t see this going anywhere”
– ” While I still care about you, I don’t love you and can’t keep seeing you”
– “This has been fun, but I think it’s time to move on“
– “I’ve enjoyed our times together, but I think it would be better if we didn’t see each other anymore”
How To Break Up With Someone On Text – Is It Right?
Breaking up with someone over text is a very modern and popular way of ending relationships. It is easy for both the sender and receiver to get away with it, but it is not always the right thing to do.
There are many reasons why people break up with someone over text. Some of them include not having the courage to do it in person or fear of confrontation. The other reason could be that they are just too lazy to talk on the phone or have a face-to-face conversation.
People usually break up with someone over text because they don’t want to have a conversation about why the relationship is ending. They are afraid of hearing what the other person has to say and they just want to get out of it as quickly as possible without giving any explanation or justification for their decision.
It might seem like a good idea at first because you don’t have to deal with their reaction, but it can be very hurtful for them.
Yes, people still care about someone even though they are breaking up with them but that spark that’s needed to connect two people together is not there.
There are disadvantages to texting.
For example, the person on the other end may not be able to tell when you’re joking or being serious. Texting is also a bad way to show emotions through words because you don’t have face-to-face contact with the person on the other end.
The key thing with breaking up through texting is you want it to be quick and easy. The problem is though, it never really is.
The person being dumped needs an explanation and giving it over text never seems to provide a satisfying response.